It occurred to me that few people were taking notes when I spoke at the beginning of our enlightening lunch with Senator Coons!
So, as many of our attendees were new to our group, I thought it might be helpful to mention a few things in writing:
1. Shore Democrats meet for lunch every third Wednesday of the month, usually at Bear Trap. We always have at least one speaker who is knowledgeable about a topic of interest to liberally-minded / common sense people.
2. We are aligned with the 38th RD Democrats under the leadership of Dr. Mohammad Akhter. The 38th meets the first Wednesday of every month at 7:00PM in the South Coastal Library, Bethany Beach. Whereas the Shore Dems have lunch, the 38th does work related to improving the environment, the school system and, most importantly electing Democrats. Many of us belong to both and you do not need to RSVP to attend.
3. In order to not duplicate each other's announcements, I encourage us all to receive Mike Buso's weekly 38th update. To be included on his email list, leave a message for him at DelDems38@gmail.com .If there is an item of interest you believe should be communicated, please contact Mike directly.
4. The annual Sussex County Jamboree 2019 where you get to meet and hear almost all Delaware's elected officials is on Saturday, September 14th at 2:00PM at Cape Henlopen State Park. Tickets are $30 in advance and $40 on site and may be obtained via Eventbrite of by mailing a check to: Sussex Democratic Committee, PO Box 944, Georgetown, DE 19947. Attending will be well worth your time.
5. Jane Hovington is our Sussex County Democratic chairperson. To be on her email list for all kinds of information, including her Saturday morning meetings at the party headquarters, email her at email@example.com .
6. Next week I'll be sending out the announcement for our September lunch.
Hope everyone has a fun Labor Day weekend!
The Shore Dems next Road Clean-Up event is scheduled for Tuesday, September 24 at 9:30 am.
We will meet at the Melson’s Funeral Home parking lot and convoy to our assigned location on Beaver Dam Road. Please wear sturdy shoes and bring your own gloves and pick-up aides. We could encounter some poison ivy. Safety vest and bags will be provided.
Robert Allen will be ready to sign up volunteers and answer questions at our Lunch on the 18th. If you would like to volunteer and won’t be at the lunch, please contact Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org